The Harvest Festival is approaching - this year it starts on Wednesday September 16, and runs until the following Monday.
Harvest Festival is a time for honouring fallen heroes and for commemorating those who have fallen in battle. Members of the Horde should pay a visit to the memorial to Grom Hellscream in Ashenvale, and Alliance can make the pilgrimage to the tomb of Uther Lightbringer in the Western Plaguelands.
There aren't any special achievements or titles associated with this holiday, but the Harvest Festival is also a time for feasting and merriment, and in the spirit of the event I'd like to present to you:
The Harvest Festival Bake-off!
For this competition, we'd like you to put on your Chef's Hat, and send us your favourite recipe, with an Azerothian twist!
How to enter:
- Simply create a recipe (or modify your favourite existing one) that includes Azerothian ingredients! Please let us know what the real-life ingredient might be if it's not obvious.
- Tell us a bit about the recipe and why you chose it. Anything from two sentences to a poem or story!
- We'd love it if you actually cook it and include pictures, but it's not a requirement so don't worry if you aren't able to.
- Send your recipe to the R&R gmail address (you can find it on the right sidebar) before the in-game start of the Harvest Festival! The judging will be complete by the time the festival ends.
Further note: Please do not send a recipe that has already been posted on the Nourish! website! We love their work so please don't pinch it!
The entries will be judged by myself and my
The winner will receive some cookies in the real-life mail! If you'd prefer not to tell me your actual address, you can choose a pet from the Blizzard store instead.
Here's an example to start you off.
Argent Vanguard Cookies
(also known as Anzac Biscuits)
These cookies keep very well so they are ideal for baking to send to Icecrown for the troops still stationed there.
1 cup Simple Flour
1 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup Powdered Sweetroot (Brown sugar)
1/2 cup Corpse Dust (shredded coconut)
2 tablespoons Goldenmist Special Brew (Golden syrup)
1 tablespoon Spring Water
1/2 teaspoon Arcane Powder (Bicarbonate of soda)
- Preheat oven to 175C / 350F.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sweetroot, rolled oats and corpse dust.
- Melt the butter and add the goldenmist special brew and water.
- Stir the arcane powder into the liquid mixture.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place walnut-sized balls of mixture on a greased tray and bake for 15-20 mins.
- Biscuits may be soft when they come out, but they will harden once cool.
What are you waiting for? You have two weeks. Get cooking!